Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ice Breaker Version 1.0.0

Do you all know Osama Bin Laden and his favourite day? I will

give a clue, its in September. Now its obvious right?

Long 24 Yrs back, in Kerala, known to be the “God’s own country”,

in northern part , known as the land of festival and pooram

“Thrissur”, blessed with lots of rivers and greeneries, in an

evening, I struggled to come out to see the light, Yes it was on

Sep11 or 9/11 I saw the world and now, I am here for drawing a

picture along with I want to break the ice on this great day!

Kottapuram is a small village which had the foot steps of Tiger

of Mysore, Tipusultan,has lots of rivers surrounding it. Ours was

a small and happy family in that village.

In spite of being a government servant, my Dad found

time in giving us better education. Christian missionaries’

started schools in our village so it was easy for my Dad to find

an admission there. My Mom, was more concerned about our

studies and taught me the first lessons of mathematics, she found

it difficult though.

Being the youngest is good since for every mistake the youngest

one does, elder one gets punishment. But in the absence of

parents they come in role in making the youngest ones obey

whatever they say. I enjoyed and still enjoy being the youngest

in my family. I had a good chance to play at the same time fight

with my brother and sister.

They really added more color to the village as I can proudly see

my brother holding a bachelors degree in Engineering and my

sister masters in Nursing.

I enjoyed the homely food and somewhat strict rules(it was not

though ) set by my mother upto class 12. After 12th class, I

found it difficult to reach St.Joseph’s Engineering College since

it took 4 hours from my village . So the only option was to find

a good hostel nearby. I found it and got lot many friends from

different parts of Kerala. I had a good experience like mingling

with everyone,handling things by myself and making more friends.

Taking participation in all kind of musical competitions, coming

back with prizes , was one thing I liked most apart from studies.

4 years passed very fast and the second last year all were busy

in finding jobs through campus placements and I had a big

opportunity to be a part of one of the big software firm that

time, the satyam computers now known as Mahindra satyam. Dec

2007, same year I passed out my engineering degree,I joined with

satyam in Hyderabad. I did not forget to see all the palces in

Hyderabad during the 10 long months there. Was missing homely

food so badly and was so eager to stay with my nephew and I

planned to get relocated to Bangalore. Next month I will be

celebrating my 1 year in Bangalore. Now that small and happy

family near the riverbank has shifted near to old airport with

all the members, new members too except my dad.

Now you can draw a picture with few changes, erase the river

instead draw an airport, forget about birds that sung beautiful

songs, include the sound of fighters and jets. 24 years back I

was the youngest but now my niece and nephews holds that place.

But by gods grace, happiness still remains the same.

I hope I made my promise.i drew the picture and with this I have

broken the huge ice piece!

ThankYou!

1 comment:

COMMUNI said...

good one da....

"Now you can draw a picture with few changes, erase the river

instead draw an airport, forget about birds that sung beautiful

songs, include the sound of fighters and jets"

awesome !!!